Monday, July 5, 2010

Nil Per Os

Luke is once again NPO, Latin for 'nothing by mouth.' I am a little frustrated even though I am very aware of these ups and downs with feedings. We just need our little man to keep growing! The doctor said that besides having a full belly and a tiny trace of blood in one of his stools, he looks really good and happy. However, they still need to stop feedings, insert an IV, and wait... for three days! I just pray that he will work things through quickly on his own, that it's nothing serious, and that he can recover and start gaining soon!

Max is still doing good. He is filling out some of his preemie outfits and he looks like such a sweet little baby. His hair combs over like a little 50's boy. He really looks like my brother did when he was a baby. (Don't let Jake know I think he was a cute baby! That goes against sibling rivalry rules!) I will update more later, I just wanted prayers for Luke. AND... I WILL post some new pictures soon.

2 comments:

  1. We'll be praying for Luke! Glad to hear that Max is still doing great! Praying for you too Mommy! It was good to see your smiling face the other day! Love you girly!

    amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about Luke...we are praying for him, Max, and you and Caleb! So glad that these boys are growing though...the pictures you have posted are wonderful!!

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete