Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Mr. Luke...

So last night Luke was having some more troubles. As fast as things go good they go bad sometimes. He was screaming at his 10:00 p.m. feeding as I was holding him which is very unlike Luke. He was so worked up, had some projectile vomiting and was just plain uncomfortable. I, of course, started to cry because it was killing me to know he was in such pain. Then, later in the night he had such a bad spell that he had to be bagged! Not good at this stage. Oh and he lost weight.

The nurse that was on today really sympathized with my feelings and actually took my observations to heart. She understood that I feel that something is really wrong. She had the doctor take a second look at him today and they drew new labs and ordered an ultrasound for tomorrow. He has moderate/severe anemia right now, but they are hesitating with a transfusion because a transfusion will just tell his body there is new blood there and not make him make more of his own. Also, the ultrasound is checking for pyloric stenosis... a condition I had a hunch about for a while now. Pyloric stenosis is a narrowing of the pylorus, the opening from the stomach into the small intestine. Pretty much he eats and can't get it out... his bowel is blocked. So we will see. Please pray for Luke. Poor little guy...

Oh, and kind of funny. Remember my graceful fall down the stairs about three weeks ago?? Well, I ended up with an avulsion fracture. SO... if you don't see me with my wedding ring on it's because the knuckle of my ring finger is HUGE! haha

I will have an update on Luke tomorrow as soon as I hear something...

4 comments:

  1. We'll be saying a special prayer for Mr. Luke this evening. And we'll be praying for that ring finger of yours too! Love you Ash!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yoder Family,
    Sending special thoughts your way. The boys are adorable. Find strength in the prayers we send to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will say some specific prayers for Luke tonight regarding his bowels. Have they diagnosed it as NEC? Or just bowel trouble? I definitely will keep praying! I have put your boys on my church prayer chain for weeks! I think about you guys often! Hang in there, it's tough.

    I love the picture at the top of your blog! This is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ash,

    Thanks for keeping us up to date. Hopefully things will turn back in a positive direction again as quickly as they went downhill.

    Thinking of all of you!
    ~Emily~

    ReplyDelete