Saturday, July 10, 2010

Daddy Time!

The long awaited weekend came... I love it when Caleb can come up and spend time with us! He is so, so good with the boys and they already LOVE him... you can just tell that they know their daddy so well already! And many of you know, Caleb just has a way with kids. Both kids and animals are just attracted to him for some reason. Wait! What does that say about me??

Caleb's first time giving Max a bath!

One of my new favorite pictures :)

"Am I all clean Dad?"


Anyways... Luke started Elecare Saturday morning. Just little by little. So far so good, but I held him during his first feeding of 3 ml and he seemed to still be a little uncomfortable and his belly still looks a little full. I have a not so good feeling that he is still having some pain and digestive issues, but I pray that I am wrong and that God can heal him! He is now 2 lbs 11 oz and looks good. He really is starting to slowly fill out!

Luke... trying to find his thumb!


My chunker, Max, is now up to 3 lbs 14 oz!! Can you believe it? He's huge! He is doing really good and becoming more and more stable every day. He is having fewer breathing spells and is responding so well to Caleb and I. Luke really is too, he really seems to like his cuddle time more now also. He just has a tendency to get tired out easily. Which makes sense if he is fighting pain and discomfort in his belly. Poor little man!

Oh! Grandma Day! How could I forget. It was great! Both grandmas did great and were able to hold the boys for about an hour and a half. Grandma Randby held Luke and Grandma Yoder held Max. I had them guess the boys’ temperatures (in Celsius) to see who would hold who! Ha ha! It was so fun to see two people I love so much be able to experience my joy and babies at the same time! This experience is hard sometimes because I want to share my babies with EVERYONE but at the same time I need to remember that they are so fragile in some ways. I just can't be exposing them to too much at once.

Well, it is about 4 a.m. so I am off to bed for a little more of a cat-nap before church. Have a happy Sunday :)

3 comments:

  1. Praying for you and all your boys daily!! Keep the faith Ashley - God is good - he won't give you more than you can handle. Trust in Him and He will get you through. Blessings to all of you.
    Bonnie Salzman

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so exciting...Max is up to what Jesse was at his smallest...it is so hard to believe that they were so much smaller than Jesse...I thought he was tiny!! You guys are doing so great with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What sweeties! They are so precious! We continue to remember Luke and Max in our prayers. n&p

    ReplyDelete