Thursday, May 27, 2010

Insomnia?

Pumping every 3 hours is starting to get a little annoying in the night. I pump at 4:00, 7:00, 10:00 and 1:00 then repeat so that I can be with the boys and work with their schedules. So... when I pump at 10:00 pm, I'm done by 10:20 pm and done cleaning and prepping the for the whole process to start again by 10:30 ish. If I'm not super tired by 10:30 pm I'll do a few things, watch a TV show then it's past 11:00 pm and I have to wake up at 1:00 am to start over. Okay, it's really not that bad at all, but I find myself not tired... all the time. I have a weird amount of energy through the day and night and here I can't do much with it. I have cleaned my room a little, but hey... it's a hospital room. What more can I do?!?

I just got up for my 1:00 am pumping and washed bottles, got my IV changed over, etc and it was like 2:30 am. Still not tired. So, I decided to take a little walk and visit my boys! I was so happy to see that they were both sleeping VERY sound. Just zonked out! I was so relieved that Luke was like that. I had some kangaroo time with him earlier tonight because I hadn't held him yet and after the nurse took and put him back in his incubator he cried for like 45 minutes! I was so upset after I tried changing his diaper, swaddling him, and talking to him. Finally I had to leave because I had to ... well you guess... yup, pump, AGAIN. I talked to his night nurse and she said when she came on shift he was fussy and the nurse she took over for said it was because he was mad he wasn't kangarooing with mom any more! Ah! I felt like I was walking on clouds when she said that! Not that Luke was fussy, but that he was fussing for mama! :)

Anyways, now I really am hoping I can sleep because it is almost 3:00 am and I have to wake up at 4:00 am to pump again! That would mean only 2.5 hours of sleep so far tonight. Don't tell Caleb! :) Oh- good news... no temp yet and it is almost to the 24 hour mark!!!!!! I might be able to be discharged Thursday and that means out of hospital by my birthday (Sunday)! Whooo hooo!
I know this is kind of gross, sharing my fever blisters with you all :)

Totally covered in prayer! We have received three prayer shawls! From Hayward Wesleyan, The River Church (Minong) and Grace Lutheran (Hayward). So awesome!

2 comments:

  1. You are a riot! This blog is just wonderful. It puts all of us at rest just knowing what is going on. Just think how difficult it would be to inform everyone of the "days happenings" if you didn't have this. It would be like facebook "what I'm not your friend, you didn't call me?" bla bla bla!

    I love your favorite bible verse. It is mine too and I send it off often!

    I see a biography in the making! I love the way you have expressed your feelings about holding the boys. Just precious....

    Love you little girl!
    Gayle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ash-
    just pretend that those aren't fever blisters...they are sun burns from run after run at Bozeman on a blue bird day. And you are full of night time energy because you can't wait to hit the trails again the next day!
    Sending prayers and sunshine from San Diego,
    Love,
    Haley

    ReplyDelete