Friday, May 28, 2010

I'm Free!

So in less than an hour I get to step outside of the hospital for the first time in 13 days! I really can't wait. I have felt a little like a prisoner :) All of the nurses here though made it feel more like home.

Went to see the boys this morning. They are doing good. Luke was out like a light and Max was getting his diaper changed. The nurse started laughing and said 'Get over here Mom!' I looked and he had a HUGE poop. (for his size) I was such a proud mama! No wonder he has been feeling so yucky... that is the first poop of his life! haha! Anyways, he still has to wait to see the doc before we can start feeding again.

I got to hold him then too. He was just a little fussy and the nurse said it was probably because he is hungry now that his tummy is empty and a little better. He gets IV nutrition and is fine that way, but doesn't get that good full feeling without the breast milk. So hopefully the little man can eat again soon!

Also, before I go, I have one little request. My poor Mom and probably some other family members have been swamped with phone calls after I post that the boys aren't doing well, etc. I just ask that you please continue to check here for updates. I will be good about posting when things happen. I just know it's overwhelming for my mom to be updating everyone when she doesn't have answers. Also, know that this process is full of up's and down's so things can change in the hour. And don't get me wrong, I SO appreciate the concern, but I will return the gesture by posting here ASAP. Thank you :)

4 comments:

  1. Max looks like Caleb I think. :) Glad the you are finally free! Enjoy your time outside today! It's gorgeous! Glad to hear the boys are doing well too! That was a huge poop for such a little guy! Good for him though! Love you and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The boys are beautiful! Congratulations on your release from the hospital. We are keeping you in our prayers and hoping the roller coaster ride will level off and just become a nice tram ride around the parenthood park. Hugs and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I have to say is that I LOVE that you posted a picture of the poop :)!! That make me smile so hard!! Love it! So glad that little guy finally pooped! Enjoy the "outside" :)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! Can I just say I hope that pooping problem is fixed by the time I have to change his diapers!! He sure did a great job! :-) Sweet pictures! Glad I get to see you tonight!

    ReplyDelete