Monday, October 4, 2010

A Great Weekend

I had such a good weekend! It started with going out to dinner Friday night with my sister-in-law and brother-in-law (Angie and Lonnie) and my wonderful husband. Grandma Cookie and Great Grandma Pudding watched the boys for us! :) Oh... and I was thinking about the other Great Grandmas and was thinking the most appropriate names would be Great Grandma Pickle (Doreen) and Great Grandma Hot Dog (Gerrie)! I know you both are famous for these specialties, in my eyes at least! haha!

Anyways, then on Saturday my husband, wonderful I must say again, watched the boys so that I could joyfully... no ecstatically run off to Cranberry Fest with Angie! It was so great to just spend the day with her and be able to feel the wonderful cool crisp fall air on my face, eat some great-bad-for-you food, and buy some stuff I didn't need! It was wonderful! Then, yes there is more, Grandma Candy and Grandpa Joe came on Sunday so that we could go to church and then we headed out to their house for the afternoon. It was so nice! Amazing what a change of scenery can do for your mood! And, the good keeps going... today was great too! I did a bunch of laundry, cleaned house, showered (yes, this is no longer a necessity but a luxury), went for a walk with Ang, went to Wal-Mart for the first time by myself with the boys, made dinner (with one child on the counter in a bouncy chair and the other in a front pack), then went over to spend some time with cousins at Angie and Lonnie's and now... actually updating the blog! Wow! So... in other words, I'm exhausted so just check out the pics, the only thing most of you log on for anyways! ha! :)

Grandpa Paul and Grandma Cookie

Caleb was lecturing the boys on hunting!

My hunters...

Auntie Rach and Max :)


So sweet... Daddy and Luke sleeping.

My mother and I... didn't plan to dress the same, just happens, A LOT!




3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear all is going well and you got some time to get out of the house!! Thinking of you all a lot!

    -Cyndi :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful to hear about your great weekend. Glad you got some time to enjoy the beautiful fall weather. Love the pictures of the boys in their hunting clothes. They are so intent on the lessons that Daddy is teaching them about the great outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Love the new hunting outfits! Tyler can't wait to meet your boys! Glad to hear that you were able to get out and about! I bet it felt great!! Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete