Saturday, November 13, 2010

SnOW!

Caleb (the dad) loves snow...


Ashley (the mom) and Jake (the uncle) love snow... promise, even though it doesn't look like it here. My mom ALWAYS over dressed us! That Grandma Cookie! haha!


For as long as I can remember I LOVED waking up to the first snow! It always made me feel so ... happy! Not sure why. I know there are a lot of people that live in our 'neck of the woods' that despise the white stuff and cold, but I have to admit, I really enjoy this time of year. The cozy atmosphere that snow causes just makes me want to bake, snuggle, snowboard, exercise (really, not sure why), and snuggle, oh I said that already! Can't wait for my boys to wake up and get super excited by the snow... I know they'll love it.

So, speaking of snuggles, when I woke up this morning to snow I hurried to get the boys and brought them in bed with Caleb and I. It was the perfect Saturday morning! For the first time I REALLY, REALLY felt like a family. Luke and Max all sandwiched in between Caleb and I. Lots of grunts, morning yawns and LOTS of smiles! It was great! I must say... I love my family. :)

Doctor appointment on Thursday... Luke is now 9 lbs 10 oz and Max is 10 lbs 7 oz. Both still gaining, but not quite as fast as before. The doctor was a little concerned because I told her how long the boys were sleeping at night. (Bad idea). She recommended that I wake them in the night to feed them. She said they shouldn't be sleeping for stretches longer than five hours. I think, if my kids are sleeping longer than five hours... I should be freaking out with excitement! haha! No, I understand what she is saying because they are preemies that are always catching up, but I also think they need their sleep. So... I will compromise. More or less... I am going to make sure they get extra feedings during the day and not let them sleep longer than 7-8 hour stretches. After the grueling 2 to 3 months of every 2-3 hour feedings, that included nursing, bottling, and pumping, half hour break and then repeat... I think we are ALL just tired and catching up on some sleep! However, bottom line, I want to make sure that my boys are growing as they should. That is my responsibility. So, pray that my little ones will keep gaining! AND that my milk will be full fatty fat to fatten them up! :)

Go have fun in the snow today and drive safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment