Trying to get the boys to "pose" with the pregnancy test... not so successful!
I took the test early in the morning, before Caleb and the boys were up. And when I got the boys out of bed I gave Max the test to hand to Daddy... it was a fun way to surprise him. However, Caleb was not surprised in the least. We had been trying and we were both anticipating a positive result.
Here is a "letter" I wrote to the baby just moments after I took the test!
Dear Baby or Babies,
I just found out about you. Really only moments ago. My head is spinning. I haven't even told Daddy about you yet, he's still sleeping and so are your brothers. Mama just doesn't want to forget how this feels so I'm writing it down...
Anxious, excited, overwhelmed, joyful, scared, shaky, did I say EXCITED?!?!
We have been thinking about you, planning for you and waiting for you for quite a while now. I am just so pleased with how God works. You will learn soon enough that we have a Savior, someone who loves us beyond words that wants to take care for us. He has perfect timing and we do not. And He has decided we will hear about your arrival now...
You are due March 19th, 2013 but Mama is not holding her breath. If you are anything like your brothers you will be jumping the gun. So I will be patient, hopefull and super duper prayerful that you stay put. Mark my words now... I would like you to even be a tad overdue. I'm sure I wouldn't say that come 40 weeks, but I hope my attitude is still the same then... the longer the better!
Well I just heard your brother Luke cry, thinking he might be ready to get up, Max too I'm sure. They will be so excited to meet you! I can't even imagine! I can't wait to find out more about you... like are there two more babies to love in there, just one? A girl? A boy? My prayer overall all is whatever you are, one, two three, boy, girl... is that you are healthy, that you are strong, and most importantly that this pregnancy honors God, because He is the one that gave it to us!!!
I love you little one(s)!!
This is my plan to document my pregnancy... take weekly picture updates as I go...
- There is just one baby. Confirmed by ultrasound at 7 weeks.
- My official Q1Q211Q1Q1 (oh yes, a little help from Max!) due date is March 17th
- We have heard a heartbeat by doplar at 10 weeks and we saw the heartbeat at the ultrasound too
- I am craving sweets, general junk food... along with...
- Starburts... any flavor, but some I crave more than others!
- BLT's!!! Love them with avocado too!
- Weirdest and probably one of the strongest cravings around 10 weeks... HOT STUFF! Like Frank's Red Hot Wing sauce, on just about anything! Just so strange because I have been the girl that mixes sour cream with mild salsa because I think it's too hot and I have now been eating jalenpenos with my husband at night!??!
- I feel bigger with this one than with the twins?! But I know with it being my second pregnancy it is typical to show faster and "expand" quicker!
- Overall I've felt really good. No severe morning sickness... really nothing compared to the boys. I only feel icky come late evening. But never close enough to even lose my cookies... so that has been great.
Excited to switch gears on here for a little while and document my pregnancy! I will obviously still be updating about the boys with pictures, etc. but I am going to try my hardest to be good about staying consistent with pregnancy updates. I was bad about it with the boys and it is still a regret of mine! So I'm hoping to update soon!