Sunday, August 7, 2011

Homecoming...


So I really don't want to be sappy and sentimental ALL the time, but it's really just this time of year! Ugh! A year ago tomorrow my boys were officially discharged from the NICU at St. Mary's in Duluth. A year ago tonight we stayed in the hospital one last time, with our boys actually (we had to do a trial-run with them before we could leave) and then we were all FREE! We passed, really the boys passed with their temperatures and breathing tests so we were sent home. HOME. Such an exciting and scary time. So happy we have made it this far. All still functioning as one unit, all still alive and kicking, and some of us almost ready to do it again. Well, that may be stretching it a little. But I think God gives us the ability, or maybe the inability to remember only the good things, pushing back the bad so that when we reminisce on the past we see the highs and laugh at the lows. I truly believe this because if it were not true, all women would only survive one pregnancy. Some crazy ladies, with really bad memories, even have lots and LOTS of pregnancies! I'm not sure what would be more effective, birth control or ginkgo biloba! Ha ha! I'm really kidding, children are amazing! So far, they are my favorite! :)

In other reminiscing related news... I got the boys' admission and discharge paperwork in the mail the other day for insurance and I was amazed at what I read. A very detailed account of what happened to my boys at birth! I was completely under anesthesia and didn't meet them for about 2 hours after their birth so it was extremely exciting and disheartening to read all the information of the events that followed their births. Neither cried at birth, both were pale with fused eye lids, Luke took less effort to get to breath, and Max needed two attempts of resuscitation and more oxygen before he was hooked up to the ventilator. Just mind blowing to think of how grim things were when they came into the world, and how amazingly God faithfully saw us through each hurdle... to now!

Oh man, it was such a crazy time... but really, I miss so much of it!

It's hard for me to look at this picture in some ways... Max looks like a normal healthy little baby, while Luke looks so tiny and fragile. But now... they are BOTH doing great!



The watchmen... they were keeping an eye on dad and his guys as they prepped the driveway to get resurfaced.


Busy boys... always UP . DOWN . UP . DOWN . on the stairs!



I look at this picture and think I couldn't love two beings any more!



To any one out there that may have tiny twins, or know someone in my old shoes.... Please encourage them that it does and will get better. It is difficult in different ways, but it sure does get better! Thank you Lord for seeing us through!

No comments:

Post a Comment