Thursday, July 12, 2012

Picture Update

My goal is really to get better about blogging regularly. So my attempt may consist of more posts that are just pictures. The boys have hand, foot and mouth disease right now. (Not to be confused with hoof and mouth disease). According to WebMD it is a very common childhood illness. All I can say is it's horrible and seems like a form of leprosy! It is a viral illness that is passed from person to person contact. It causes sores on the hands, feet, mouth and butt along with a fever and general feeling of malaise. Max has it BAD! Like extreme! His whole hands and feet are covered with sores along with the exterior of his face/mouth and some on his lips and I'm sure in his mouth also! Luke just has about three spots around his mouth. I'm sure he'll get worse, but I'm hoping not as bad as Max. I still have no idea where they got it from but I am so hoping we can survive this! Ha! I know we will... but so not fun to feel "infected" and contagious. I will be disinfecting my WHOLE house next week!!! 

On to better news... the boys had an appointment with Dr. Hyser last week, just their routine 2 year appointment, and all is well! Max was a little over 25 lbs and Luke was just over 24 lbs. They both are the same height now... I think it was 33 1/2" inches? Can't remember exactly! Dr. Hyser was also pleased with how they are developing and she said she is amazed at how well they are doing for their premature start! 

Playing together... as usual!
John, Tyler, Max and Luke cooling off in the pool!
Buddies!
Ok... notice the difference here!? Both are eating yogurt on their own. Luke (left) on his fourth helping and Max still working on his first. And somehow Max has managed to get his yogurt everywhere but his mouth and Luke is still clean!
Naked swimming at home!
They were too funny this night! After I put on their sleep shorts I told them they looked so cute... and then they both started rubbing their legs saying... "I cooooot!"
Out on Uncle Jake's boat for the Famous Dave's 3rd of July fireworks!

Max lookin' like a redneck! :)
Very exciting news!!! Mr. Eli Thomas Yoder came into this world July 3rd!!! My sister-in-law Rachael did awesome and everything went so well!!
We haven't really been able to see him much more than at the hospital because the boys have came down with this "disease" and now we are quarantined! I am trying to be patient but it's killing me to be away for so long and knowing we have lots longer to wait!!! :(

Max touching Eli's tiny toes!
Hanging out with cousin Kaydon, waiting for the fireworks to start!
They seemed to enjoy the fireworks, but staying up until 10 - 10:30 was hard!!
"Cheese" face... Max!
"Cheese" face ... Luke!
Getting lessons from Dad.. .so serious!

Trying it all by himself! Oh Caleb!! I have to remind him they are only TWO!

Hoping we make it through the next week until we get over this nasty illness! We are going to have to get creative to stay entertained around here! Pinterest... here we come! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment