Thursday, March 25, 2010

Long Time, No Type

So... I am determined to be better about adding new posts. For a while I was waiting until the world knew about me being pregnant. However, it has taken me months longer to write a new post than it took for the world to hear about our double blessings!

This morning I took some time to read in some of my 'twinspiration' books. They are so incredibly interesting... but they always make me cry. Not just because I am terrified, but because hearing the real life stories of having two little babies that make each other cue and laugh just makes me super excited! I thank the Lord for that!

This morning I concentrated on the chapters pertaining to what I REALLY need two of and what you can live without... at least for a while. At this point I am understanding the necessity of more arms... but not sure if I can register for that at Wal-Mart??? Get this... in the first 60 days we will go through roughly 960 to 1,440 diapers... that's in only two months! So, at this point I have decided to only register for diapers... not really, a diaper genie too!

Then, even though I know I shouldn't have, I skipped on to the labor story. I have tried to wait but I couldn't hold out any longer. (as if I would read it and find some hidden secret to sucess) But I was encouraged, believe it or not, after reading the tale of 14 hours of labor, 2 hours of pushing, but in the end came a vaginal birth that delivered two beautiful, healthy babies. (one of each, boy and girl!) More than anything I am scared for Caleb. The poor man is going to feel so helpless and I know it will be hard on him, AND I know by time we get there and I'm in pain I won't have any sympathy for him. ha!
My goal is to get some growing belly pics up in the next few days and some pics of the progress of the nursery... which is minimal, but it will give a good appreciation of the end product I'm hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment